.sidebar .widget {border-bottom: 1px solid #000000;}

Wednesday, 12/5/12

Graphic Design/Photoshop 1:
Assignment:

  •  Create a greeting card!  The best card (chosen by a panel of teachers) will be used to send to administrators and other district officials and friends.  One card will be chosen from Photoshop 1 and one card from Photoshop 2-3.

    • Create a new file in Photoshop, using a resolution of 300 and a size of either 5" wide by 7" tall or 7" wide by 5" tall--just depends if you want to do a landscape or portrait design.
    • The card MUST BE YOUR ORIGINAL WORK--you may not use backgrounds from the internet or artwork or images from the internet, BUT you may take just a bit from this one and a bit from that one and combine a bunch of them to make your own work.  
    • You CAN look up how to create your own snowman in Photoshop.  Or snowflakes.  Or a snowstorm.  Or Santa.  (Hint:  do a Google search for how to make a holiday design or graphic in Photoshop--I bet you'll turn up a lot of tutorials, maybe even actions.)**
    • The message is up to you!  Be creative.  Be funny.  Be serious.  Be sardonic (look it up).  The choice is yours.
    • Upload a screenshot of your layers (appropriately named) and your final image.
    •  Write a 2 to 3 sentences about how you completed the project.
     
  • ** Here are some quick searches I ran just to give you an idea:
    How to create a comet trail in Photoshop 
  • How to create a starry night in Photoshop 
  • How to create a snowflake in Photoshop
  • How to create a snowman in Photoshop 
  • How to create snow in Photoshop  
  • How to create a Holiday Card in Photoshop (images)
Advanced Graphic Design/Photoshop 2: 
Assignment: 
  •  See Photoshop 1 assignment above.  You may incorporate any of your previous tutorials and/or projects. 

Digital Graphics:
Assignment:
  •  About Me Video:  Create a video about yourself!  The video must be at least 2 minutes but not over 4 minutes.  Here is what you'll be graded on:
    • (40%) Balanced mixture of media:  video, photos, music, voice-overs
    • (20%) Flow of video:  Use of transitions, titles, etc.
    • (20%) Completed "story": Don't do a video on where you were born--brainstorm facts about your life that tells who you are.  Ask yourself "who, what, where, when, and why" questions.
    • (20%) Creativity:  Up to you, but you might want to try different types of transitions, using the Ken Burns effect (but don't overuse it), fading music in and out, etc. 
  • Example questions:
    1. Who...are my parents, my grandparents, my siblings, my extended family, my friends...
    2. What...do I like to do, do my parents do, is my favorite subject, do I want to be when I grow up....
    3. Where...was I born, did I grow up, have I lived, would I like to live, do I want to go to college...
    4. When...was I born, did I move to New Braunfels, will I graduate, did I go to ?????????, did I get my first car...
    5. Why...did we move to New Braunfels, do I want to be a ???????? when I grow up, do I want to move to ????????, do I love ?????????? or hate ?????????...
These are just example questions to get you started on your video.   What you really use is totally up to you!

1 comment :

  1. Anonymous5.12.12

    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+create+a+holiday+card+in+Photoshop.
    I think using a link like this would be funnier.

    ReplyDelete